Wallowa County Board of Directors
2012 Board of Directors:
Executive Board Officers:
Adrian Harguess, President
Marc Stauffer, Vice President
Susan Gilstrap, Treasurer
Doris Woempner, Past President
Kathy Casper, Enterprise
Ruby Lathrop, Joseph/Wallowa Lake
Jim Soares, Wallowa/Lostine
Jolene Cox, Small Business
Shannon Novakovich, Public Relations
John Williams, Education
David Harman, Health Care
Kurt & Heather Melville, Ranch /Farming
Cynthia Warnock, Rural/Outlying Areas
Nancy Rudger, Tourism
Commissioner Mike Hayward
Vicki Searles, Executive Director
Diane Knox, Administrative Assistant
The mission of the Wallowa County Chamber of Commerce “Chamber” is to promote business development in Wallowa County.
Buy Local Committee, Chair: Ruby Lathrop
Build upon the existing buy local and buckskin bucks program to bring additional value to the participating member businesses.
Membership Committee, Chair Jolene Cox
Inspired to find new and innovative ways to enhance visibility and increase value for the chamber’s membership.
Education Committee, Chair: Kathy Casper
Organize continued education opportunities and trainings that benefit business owners, managers and employees; and to support public awareness of the natural resource economy.
Public Relations Committee, Chair Co-chairs Adrian Harguess and Marc Stauffer
Strengthen the connection and communication between the Chamber and vested community partners including the County, City Governments and Merchant organizations. Develop a marketing portfolio for County tourism opportunities. and (3) Partner in any opportunity to assist the Blue Goose RR.
Influence Governmental Policies
- Strengthen relationships with local, state & federal representatives.
- Facilitate forums on issues affecting Wallowa County.
- Give members the tools to influence governmental policies.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of member needs.
- Recruit and retain membership.
- Membership recognition program.
- Programs of interest to the general membership.
Promote Economic Development
- Support business creation, retention, and expansion.
- Facilitate business and economic development educational seminars.
- Support community development planning.
Market Wallowa County
- Showcase local businesses.
- Maintain an aggressive advertising program for Wallowa County.
- Encourage local shopping.
- Maintain a quality Chamber website.
- Support package tourism.
Promote Natural Resources
- Support and encourage natural resource industries.
- Foster partnership in eco/agri-tourism.
- Encourage year round recreational opportunities.
- Support efforts to improve forest health.